- SPECIAL PROGRAM for foreign nationals in Korea as well as Muslims looking for an amusing but easy schedule during Ramadan!
- Discover the world-renowned magic and visual appeal of the evening Arirang Odyssey Performance
- Visit to the amazing Twin Tunnels
- Lose yourself in the culture during the day with our immersive scavenger hunt (or rest in our relaxation tents)
- Explore a vibrant outdoor festival by the riverside, full of experiential booths and delectable cuisine
- Korean speaking contest with cash prizes!
- Food trucks available for dinner, plus halal chicken palaho for Muslims will be served after sunset
- DATE : 2019. 5. 18
- LOCATION : Miryang Arirang Festival grounds and surrounding area
- 20,000KRW per person (individual price)
- 10,000KRW per child
- 7,000KRW per person ((if coming in groups of 10+ people)
- Limited space available! Better book fast!
- Additional features : Lunch (for non-Muslims), Dinner (Halal for Muslims; food trucks for non-Muslims, Round-trip bus, Relaxation tents for families and fasting Muslims
- Max. participants : 80 people
- 010-2590-1736 (Craig)
Miryang Arirang Festival and Twin Tunnel 2019
Located just a short 30-40 min south of Daegu lies Miryang, home to one of the most culturally enriched festivals in Korea that merges ancient Korea sentiment with 21st-century technology in the form of its dazzling night performance.
As we’ve done for the past few years, we are bringing foreigners from the region on a visit on this day of fun and mystique. This time will be a little different as we incorporate the cultural and religious significance of India at this time of year, and welcome both Muslim and non-Muslim friends to come together for a festival that has sought to induce some cultural fusion. The day also includes a visit to Miryang’s famed Twin Tunnel all lit up in neon and is sure to leave you with life-long memories.
In addition, we offer an optional overnight for guests wanting to stay at any glamping or pension sites on Saturday night. Costs will vary depending on availability and number of guests. Also, we will not have bus service for coming back on Sunday, so those staying should bring their own transportation or make their own arrangements by train and taxi. Email us for more info on places to stay!
Visit for 1 day at a low price of 20,000won (children are 10,000won and groups of 10 or more are 7000won each), which will include round-trip bus from your city, lunch (for non-Muslims), dinner (free hahal chicken palaho for Muslims; non-Muslims will be able to use their own money to buy from various food trucks), a thrilling scavenger hunt that brings you closer to the culture (Muslims can choose to stay in exclusive relaxation tents we will provide if they want to rest while fasting, Korean speaking contest for foreigners (with cash prizes!) and VIP seats at the famed Odyssey evening performance.
This trip is in high demand and participants from previous years frequently sign up again, so be sure to book ASAP!
[ Past Images]
Miryang River Odyssey
Miryang festival Parade
Glamping and Pension options for those wanting to stay overnight
[ Includes ]
- Round-trip bus
- Lunch (for non-Muslims) and dinner (Halal for Muslims; food trucks for non-Muslims)
- Visit to Twin Tunnels
- Cultural performance at historic site
- Scavenger hunt in Miryang (with prizes)
- Korean speaking contest for foreigners (with prizes)
- Miryang Odyssey Night Performance
- Optional overnight stay
[ Itinerary ]
- 80 ppl from Daegu or other cities (must have at least 35 people coming from that city)
- 09:30 ∼ 11:00 / Daegu (or other cities, departure time will depend on city but we need to arrive by 1pm, so Daegu bus would leave at 12pm, other cities would be earlier, etc)⇒ Miryang
- 11:00-12:00 / Twin Tunnels visit
- 12:30 ∼ 14:30 / Lunch and cultural performance at Miryang Hyanggyo historical site
- 15:00 ∼ 15:30 / Opening ceremonies (Yeongnamnu Pavilion)
- 15:30 ∼ 15:40 / Scavenger Hunt orientation (Muslims or families not participating will be guided to our relaxation tent area)
- 15:40 ∼ 17:30 / Miryang Arirang Cultural Scavenger Hunt (Festival grounds)
- 17:30 ∼ 18:00 / Award ceremony and group photo shoot, plus Korean language speaking contest for foreigners (cash prizes!)
- 18:00 ∼ 20:00 / Dinner and free time (Muslims will be served their halal meals after sunset)
- 20:00 ∼ 22:00 / Miryang Odyssey Night Performance
- 22:00 ∼ Go back to bus area and we depart at 22:30 (aside from those choosing to stay overnight)
[ Location ]
HOW TO USE
[ How to book ]
- Email us at email@example.com or call/text us at 010-2590-1736.
- Be sure to include all the following of you and each member of your group (we need the following due to our travel insurance policy that governs the event):
- Name (first and last name)
- Date of Birth
- Contact info
- Bank sender info (list the name of the individual transferring us funds. Be sure to include the name as it is spelled according to your bank, ie. in Korean or abbreviated, etc)
[ Account information ]
- Bank-Name : IBK(Industrial Bank of Korea)
- Account-number : 151-130875-01-016
- Account-name(Eng) : Chopstickswide Inc
- Account-name(Kor) : (주)찹스틱스와이드
- PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to cancel the reservation :
- Cancellation prior to 3 days before event : Amount will be refunded 100%
- Cancellation prior to 2 days before event: Amount will be refunded 50%
- Cancellation prior to 1 day before event : Amount will be refunded 30%